Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Morning Love

Good Morning Friends!

My hi-lights of the week are pretty simple.


1. CARDINALS WIN WORLD SERIES


(via)

So proud of the red birds for winning the World Series for the eleventh time in history. The last time this happened, I was cheering them on from Seville, Spain in 2006. It was awesome waking up today and seeing almost every Facebook update filled with love for the Cardinals.


2. BAKING ENDEAVORS



I tried these Nutella self frosting cupcakes and I was disappointed. I obviously kept them in the oven way too long and they turned out dry. The best part of them was the frosting I added to make them tolerable.

For the frosting, I creamed together 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup Nutella, I then gradually added in about a cup of powdered sugar and a bit of milk and blended until I got the consistency I wanted. MMM the frosting was the hit. The cupcakes...well I won't be making them again.


3. TORTILLA WRAPS FOR LUNCH


I discovered these tortilla wraps on a new blog I've been following, The Dashing Dish.
My version of lunch this week included a tortilla wrap filled with chicken and turkey breast, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, and a bit of ranch for the "sauce". What a delicious filling lunch. I'm sure there are tons of things you can pack these with and I'll be trying other combos in the future. Just a fun lunch to try if you're getting tired of sandwiches.

That's it for the week. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment