Sunday, October 9, 2011

Corn Maze and Pumpkins

Last night, Matt and I went down to Bellbrook to visit Adventure Acres Corn Maze. Have you seen the movie Signs? I felt like we should have been wearing foil on our heads to steer clear of any aliens that might have created the crop circles we were walking around in.



There were miles and miles of paths cut out in a corn field and we spent most of our time going in circles, I'm pretty sure. But how would you ever know? Everything looks the same. For example, this picture shows how big the thing was!



I couldn't believe how many people were there waiting in line for tickets when we got there. It is such a fun place for all ages because they had a children's play area, a petting zoo, pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkins, hay rides, campfires, and of course, miles and miles of corn mazes to walk through. Or if you are of the junior high age group, you don't just stroll through the mazes leisurely. You push your friends into the corn, tickle each other, play marco polo, jump out and scare people, and scream bloody murder.

I love enjoying fall activities like this. We didn't purchase any pumpkins on our adventure last night but rather stopped by Aldi to pick up some humungo pumpkins for $2 a piece because we are cheap like that. Doesn't my front door look so autumn-esque?








This week I am going to try out this new recipe for a super easy version of Pumpkin Cupcakes. Since pumpkin is a veggie, these are obviously going to be healthy so I can have as many as I want. Right?





1 comment:

  1. Delicious muffins! Thanks for the inspiration!
    I made mine with spice cake - then sprinkled with powdered sugar...perfect for a foggy fall evening!
    Gracias Amalia!

    ReplyDelete