Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Morning Love

Saturday mornings are my favorite part of the week. Nothing beats sleeping in, making a yummy breakfast in my pjs, and sipping a cup of coffee while I catch up on blogs and shows while the hubby sleeps the morning away.

I'd like to share two of my favorite Saturday morning recipes with you today. One is for the days you feel like being extra healthy and the other is to satisfy your sweet tooth. So here we go.

GREEN SMOOTHIE




1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup frozen fruit
1 cup fresh spinach leaves



Chop frozen fruit in the blender, then gradually add a little yogurt and spinach leaves until blended and smooth.



...and you get this lovely colorful nutritious treat.



NOTE: If you hate spinach, do not make this recipe. Some people say you don't taste it, but with this recipe, there are few ingredients to "cover up" the taste.

Yum yum! I love making this after a good workout. It tastes delicious and it's packed with nutrients. I haven't experimented much with this recipe because I like it just the way it is but you could try other recipes like

Green Slime Smoothie



or this Groovy Green Smoothie.




Moving on to my all time favorite breakfast.

CINNAMON RAISIN FRENCH TOAST



6 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 T vanilla
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
Sprinkle of Nutmeg
Dash of salt

Whisk all ingredients together, then dip bread into mixture. Cook on a greased skillet on medium-high heat until slightly brown. Remove from heat and cover with maple syrup.









And that concludes my Saturday morning deliciousness blog post. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I think I'll pass on the drink. I think you like it bc it's green!

    ReplyDelete