Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blog Update

Good Day!

Remember when I said that August would be a much better month for blog posts because I failed to write even ONE post in July? Well September was identical to July and I totally failed to keep my loyal followers updated. For this I apologize.

Since my last post, I have been busy with a thing or two. First and foremost, the most exciting thing that happened was my little sister's wedding.






August 27, 2011 was the day my sister married the love of her life. After their wedding, they honeymooned in Cancun and have since then settled into their upstairs apartment at Dan's grandma's house in Syracuse, New York where they are surely annoying everyone with their sappy newlyweddedness.

Next on the agenda was Dad coming to Dayton, Ohio to participate in the Air Force Marathon on September 17. For an old man, he did a darn good job and we all had a great time watching him finish the race. Anybody who runs a marathon and finishes it is a hero in my book, but I am quite proud of my Dad's accomplishments as a runner. He has raced with some of the top dogs in Chicago, Pheonix, Champaign, Dayton, and even Boston. Go Dad!!



Here we are at the finish line. Matt, me, Dad, Mom, Krista, Dan

I always love it when the fam comes to visit and the past few months we have seen a lot of each other between the college graduation, pre-wedding showers, vacation, wedding events, and the marathon. We are taking a break from each other until everyone makes their way to OUR HOUSE for Thanksgiving!! Yes, you read that right. Matt and I are hosting the day of thanks and I don't even know how to cook a turkey. Yikes, I have a lot to learn before next month.

Fall has settled in nicely and we are enjoying the cooler temps and changing colors. Our maple tree in the front yard is turning the brightest red and is gorgeous. Here is a pic of it in all its glory last fall.



I think that's about all I have for you today, friends. I would try to make some sort of promise about being more faithful with updating, but I just don't want to set the bar that high. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment