Saturday, June 22, 2013

32 Weeks


Baby is the size of a squash.

  • She's getting ready for her descent -- she's likely in the head-down position now.
  • And she's probably feeling a even more cramped.

Due date: August 16, 2013

Next appointment:  June 27, 2013

Gender:  Girl

Total weight gain/loss:  31 lbs.

Exercise:   I only went on one walk this week.  I feel very ashamed of this and I know I need to get out there, even if it's for a short one.

Stretch marks:  None that I've noticed.  Still putting lotion on my belly every morning.

Swelling:  Not that I've really noticed.  Maybe slightly swollen ankles.  

Maternity clothes:  Wearing stretchy shorts and an over-sized tshirt at home.  I am down to about three tops and two bottoms for scrubs that still fit.  On the weekends, I wear my Old Navy maternity jeans rolled up into capris and my maternity shirts.

Belly button:  In, but looking tiny!

Sleep:  Not good.  I had some rough nights this week.  I would lay down, finally get into a comfy position and then just lay there wide awake.  Then I'd wake up every couple hours to pee, then go back to bed and lay there wide awake again.  It's been rough some nights.  Thinking God created it this way though so when the baby comes, I am used to being up all night.

Food cravings/aversions:  Loving juicy fruits, Vanilla Coke, and about everything else.  No aversions.

Symptoms:  Exhaustion, achy back and belly, no heartburn (yay!) not being able to bend over to tie my shoes, the regular.  New this week is that I've had a few sporadic Braxton Hicks contractions.  I will be sitting at work and all of a sudden my whole belly tightens up.  It does not hurt at all, only feels weird and definitely noticeable.  

Movement:  Most of the time she is positioned with her butt shoved up into my right ribs and her feet kicking around my left side ribs.  I can see and feel her move, especially in the area between my belly button and ribs.

Labor signs:  Braxton Hicks, if that counts.

What I miss:  I could sure go for a margarita at El Torro.

What I'm loving:  I love rubbing my belly and just feeling her moving (as long as she doesn't get into any uncomfortable positions!)  I especially like it when I can feel movement all over, almost like she's doing a dance in there.

What I'm looking forward to:  Can't wait to go on a little mini vacation to Effingham next week.  We will be gone Thursday-Monday, which will be a nice break from things.  Looking forward to seeing my sissy, Mom, Dad, Taffy, and Shawneetown family.

Best moment this week:   Getting a surprise gift off our Target registry - our glider and ottoman for the nursery!  Thank you, Lynn!!





 I love seeing how much my belly has grown!


No comments:

Post a Comment