Wednesday, July 3, 2013

33 Weeks

I wasn't home to do my typical sun room belly shots, but here is a side shot from our maternity pictures shoot.

Baby is the size of a durian fruit.

  • She's keeping her eyes open while awake.
  • She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • Her bones are hardening.
  • And she is going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!

 Week 33!  Holy cow, we are getting so close to meeting our baby girl.  I can't believe she will be here NEXT MONTH!!!

This past week, I have been having more uncomfortable symptoms including rib-kicking, swollen feet/ankles, back aches, and lack of restful sleep.  My rings are starting to get tight if I'm outside in the heat, but I can still wear them if I'm indoors.  My belly button has not "popped" out and I still don't have any stretch marks on my belly!  Her movements are so strong now.  Most of the time, I can feel a hard bulge somewhere that I think is her butt or back.  When I lay on my side at night, I can feel some incredibly powerful kicks on my side.  I think it's so cool to see the movement from the outside.  It continues to amaze me how God created my body to carry a small human.  When I see a kick or punch, I am so very reminded that she is real and we will get to meet her soon.

We had our biweekly doctor's appointment on Thursday, June 27.  We saw Dr. Guy again and he said junior is looking/feeling good in there.  He encouraged me to do some research on natural birth and other delivery options to prepare myself for the big day.  We will go back on July 15 for another check up and ultrasound.

My friend from work is getting very close to her due date and I can't wait to see how it goes.  I see how uncomfortable and miserable she feels and it doesn't make me look forward to the last days. But at the same time, she could go into labor any day and that is what gets her through each day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment