Sunday, July 14, 2013

35 Weeks


Baby is the size of a coconut.


Now, her hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises. 

 Time is flying. Today is July 14 and I am due on August 16.  How crazy is it to think that in about a month from now, I will become a mom?  It just doesn't seem real to me.

This week, I've not felt too cute.  I feel so big.  I can't tie my shoes.  If a pen falls on the ground, I don't pick it up and I struggle to reach the bottom row of charts in the file room at work.  I've been extra thirsty and trying to drink tons of water this week because I've been having more Braxton Hicks contractions..  They are nothing time-able, but every now and then my stomach tightens up and gets really hard, making it uncomfortable enough to notice but not hurt.  My hips are killing me when I wake up, and I must say that the night Matt was out of town this week was heaven being able to roll over in bed with all the extra space. 

The baby has not dropped yet.  I am feeling her move up in my ribs area but it has not been too uncomfortable this week.  She is definitely running out of room in there so when she tries to change positions, it is weird to feel her move all over.  I have been doing a lot of research on natural childbirth and still can't decide if I would want to do it without an epidural.  There are pros and cons to each side and I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to my birth plan because you never know what may happen.

Yesterday, my "old" coworkers threw me a small shower/party.  I love these girls so much! Even though we n don't all work together anymore, we are still a tight-knit group.  Thank you Maria for hosting!  You are such a good party planner and tacos are always a hit in our group! :-)















Now that all the parties are over, I am ready for baby girl to arrive.  Her nursery is almost set.  I just love going in there and looking around.  Ah, the anticipation.  Even her closet is ready with all her clean clothes waiting to be worn.  Eek!  So excited.   

PS- My friend Ally had her baby yesterday! (On her exact due date!) We took this last belly picture together on Thursday, she had a doctor's appointment Friday morning, and went into labor on Saturday!  So so happy for her and her little bundle of joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment