Saturday, April 27, 2013

24 Weeks




Baby is the size of a cantaloupe! 
  • Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.
What's been happening this week?

1. Baby has been kicking like crazy! Matt still hasn't had the opportunity to catch her in action but not for lack of trying. The other night, she was kicking up near my ribs (her favorite hang out spot) and as soon as Matt put his hand there, she stopped. Little booger.  I also woke up one night to the feeling of a steady rhythm of kicks in the same spot for about a minute.  I'm thinking it was hiccups?

2.  We had a monthly check up on Thursday.  We had a repeat ultrasound to measure the baby again but more importantly to check on the size of the cyst on my left ovary that developed when the egg was released.   I have known it was there since I was 5 weeks pregnant, but they want to monitor it throughout the rest of the pregnancy just to make sure it doesn't get too big.  As of Thursday, it had shrunk by a tiny amount, but it is still hanging around.  My doctor even asked if I was having any pain from that "huge" cyst (she was joking! Glad I picked up on her sense of humor or else I might have gotten nervous!)  It is about 4.5 cm and I have not even felt pain from it at all.  Anyway, the point is we got to see baby girl again and that was fun. (Notice I said girl? Re-verified.) I met another doctor at the practice and my first impression was she seemed tired!  I won't hold that against her as she had probably been up all night for a delivery.  My weight gain is up to 17 pounds.  Still loving my doctor's office.  I will go back in another month, then the every two week appointments begin.

3.  Last weekend, we went to IKEA for a little shopping for the nursery.  We ended up buying a changing table, a small table lamp, a floor lamp, and some decorative square mirrors for the wall.  We had fun browsing and going through all the baby setups on the floor.  Matt was more excited to look at the bunk beds. 

4.  I have been taking lots of walks at the park on my lunch break with my friend and her 17 month old in the stroller.  It is fun because we are only about 2 weeks or so apart in our pregnancies and we also go to the same doctor.  We usually get in 2.5 miles before I have to go back to work.  We have really been enjoying our walks!

I think that about sums up the week.  Matt has been very busy with work so it leaves me with plenty of time to hang out with Cookie, think about baby things, and watch tv.  Exciting, huh?  See ya next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment