Saturday, April 13, 2013

22 Weeks




Baby is the size of a papaya. 
  • Now that he's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn.
  • He's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

I have been feeling really good this week!  I finally feel like my bump is looking like a baby and more and more people are starting to notice.  I feel pretty confident in a form-fitting shirt to show off my little one that's growing inside where as before, a tight shirt just made me look fat.  (You know, that awkward in between stage?  I don't miss that!) 

I have started feeling her move around a bit more this week.  For the past few days, I have felt her move the most after I eat or drink something sugary or when I'm sitting on the couch or in bed at night.  It is so exciting to feel her wiggle around and brush up against my insides.  I keep putting my hand on my belly when I feel movement just to see if she might kick hard enough to feel from the outside.  Maybe in a couple more weeks Matt will be able to feel her.

I have also been playing music for her as her ears are pretty well developed now.  I haven't noticed her responding much to it, but my mom the music teacher told me I need to introduce music and a steady beat early!

I have also felt pregnant this week.  It sounds weird, but I just feel a little off balance, big, and tired.  Sometimes it's hard to get my breath, especially after eating a big meal.  I've been taking more walks now that it's nice outside and it feels so good to get my muscles moving, not to mention enjoying the beautiful warmer weather.

That's about all I got for this week's update.  No progress on the nursery yet and we haven't bought anything other than the bedding set.  I am looking forward to registering for baby girl very soon.


Check out the difference in ten weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment