Friday, April 5, 2013

21 Weeks




Baby is the size of a pomegranate.  
If it's a girl, she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!

Total Weight Gain:  12 pounds
 
What I miss:  Not much.

Sleep:  Pretty great lately!  I was sleeping with a pillow between my legs for a while, but I find that sleeping normally is more comfortable again.  Still waking up for a nightly potty break.

Symptoms:   Acne, big appetite
 
Cravings:  Ice cream!!!

Gender:  It's a GIRL!

Movement:   Not much.  Still feeling some bubbles occasionally, but I haven't been feeling her squirm around much yet.  According to my last ultrasound, I have an anterior placenta, which is acting as a pillow that is muffling her kicks and punches right now.  Kind of disappointing, but I'm sure as she gets bigger I will feel definite kicks soon enough.

Maternity Clothes:  Yes
 
Milestones:  Two days before I hit 20 weeks, I had my first stranger ask if I was expecting.  It felt weird that someone felt comfortable enough asking even though my bump isn't too noticeable in my scrubs, but I was so happy!  Other milestones include finding out the gender last week, buying the baby bedding (on clearance at JC Penney so I just HAD to get it), and picking out a name.
 
Concerns:  I have a 5 cm cyst on my left ovary which was noted at my 20 week scan.  My doctor is not worried about it and said that a lot of women get a cyst on the ovary they ovulated from for the pregnancy.  We are just going to monitor it.  Most of the time they shrink on their own as the baby gets bigger.  It will not effect the delivery or baby's health, thankfully.  It will, however, require seeing our sweet baby girl on another ultrasound in four weeks.  Darn! ;-)  PS- I absolutely LOVED my doctor.  (Dr. Stephen Guy)  He was so down to earth and personable.  Very cool to have a doctor I feel comfortable with.  We hope to have him deliver but it's not a guarantee that he will be available.  Keeping our fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment