Sunday, August 4, 2013

38 Weeks



Baby is the size of a pumpkin!


  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
 Here we are at 38 weeks!

It's hard to believe that my pregnancy is almost over.  Today at church, I told someone that I am due NEXT WEEK!  I can't believe that.  She will be here before we know it and we are ready.

This week, I've been experiencing lots of braxton hicks contractions.  They usually tend to come when I go from sitting to standing, when I get out of bed or roll over, or just randomly.  It's a tight uncomfortable feeling across my whole belly and often makes me short of breath when it happens.  Just gearing up for the big day.

I have gained a total of 37 pounds.  I think I don't wan to gain anymore so she better come soon.  Ha!

Sleeping sucks!  Actually moving in general is difficult at this point.  I can barely get in and out of the car, put on clothes, or do my hair in the morning without getting tired.  I know it's going to be worth it, but sometimes my stomach feels so uncomfortable it makes me feel like I can't take it for another two weeks.  It also seems that my appetite is getting smaller.  I can't fit much food in there at once.

On Saturday, Mom and Dad were stopping through on their way home from Tennessee.  We made a day of going to Jungle Jim's international food store and the Cincinnati outlet mall.  Boy were my feet killing me.  I was also feeling a little pelvic pressure and back pain.  My poor heavy body doesn't know what to do if it's not sitting in a chair all day like it's used to at work.  But we still had fun.  Can't wait to have them back soon to meet the baby!

We had a checkup appointment at the beginning of the week.  The midwife suggested drinking red raspberry leaf tea, eating dates, having sex, bouncing on an exercise ball, and doing floor exercises to open the pelvis.  She said that the baby is still floating around and was not engaged head-down at that point.  I have another appointment tomorrow so we will see how she's doing then.

See you back for week 39!






No comments:

Post a Comment