Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

While I'm thinking about it, I just wanted to post about an awesome new recipe I tried this weekend.

On Friday night, Matt and I went to a party and I told everyone that I would bring an amazing dessert. Well I tried a mini chocolate cheesecake recipe I found on Pinterest, but it ended up being a huge flop. Seriously, it looked like a two year old had made them. (No pictures included as I am THAT ashamed of them..though i still brought them to the party and most of them were eaten...) So I was crunched for time and wanted to whip up something I already had ingredients for on hand so I came up with these.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me just say that these are the most delicious chocolate cookies I've ever made. They were so soft and chocolatey. I made a few modifications after reading all the reviews. One was to use half shortening/half butter and the other was to use half brown/half white sugar. For the chips, I used half a bag of peanut butter chips and about a quarter of a bag of white chips. That is all I did differently. The batter was so easy to work with and these turned out nice and thick, unlike most cookies I make that turn out flat as pancakes.

I didn't take any pictures because I was in quite a hurry, but here are a couple I found off Allrecipes.com that look just like mine did.







So if you're in the mood for a super moist, chocolatey chocolate cookie, give these a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment