Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal

Oh Pinterest, how I love thee. You have given me so many new recipes to try. Today I tried this new one found here on my food board.





CHOCOLATE CHIP BAKED OATMEAL




1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 tsp salt
3 tsp. brown sugar
1 tbs. chocolate chips

Mix everything together and pour into a greased ramekin. Bake for 20 minutes at 380 degrees. Then set oven to broil on high for two minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes before removing from dish and indulging.



My recipe was adapted from Pinterest, but was originally found on this awesome blog all about healthy desserts. Visit her site at Chocolate Covered Katie.

My reaction? It was a delicious, hearty breakfast that I will only prepare on a Saturday morning because I probably would never take the time to make it during the week. It did not taste like a chocolate chip cookie, but rather a thick oatmeal with very little sweetness. Next time I make it, I might add some nuts for an added crunch.

Have you tried any recipes from Pinterest lately? What should I try next?


No comments:

Post a Comment