Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Plant Collection

I am surrounded by loved ones who were born with a green thumb. And it's just not fair! I try so very hard to keep my plants alive. But it seems like they just don't like the way I treat them. They either get too much sun, too little sun, too much water, too little water, you get the idea.

This past weekend, I decided to transplant and divide some of my greens. Before doing so, my spider plant was squeezed into a tiny rectangular pot and was still planted in the ground soil from my parents' back yard. It was time to divide that baby up and get her in some fresh dark soil. I also transplanted my peace lily because she was looking like death. Brown tips and yellow leaves. What a lovely combo! Anyway, here are some pictures of all my plant babies that I try so hard to love.














That's all my plants! I am considering planting a small garden this spring...but with my luck, it might turn into a disaster. It sure would be nice to have a constant supply of fresh produce this summer...


1 comment:

  1. Amalia! I love your plants! They look amazing - especially the spider plant babies! So proud of you! You should definitely have a garden!!
    I have a winter lettuce & broccoli bed and have loved it - so delicious. My tip...plant a lot and something will turn out :-)
    I have started seeds to use in our garden this year - tomatillos, edamame, watermelon, squash, more lettuce, okra, sunflowers, flowers that smell good at night, herbs, and much more! Hopefully something turns out ;-) So excited! Feel free to call & we can chat about garden things!
    Besos - Katie

    ReplyDelete