Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha

Let's just skip talking about how long it's been since my last blog update and move on to recent times...

Today it is freezing cold out and we have snow and ice on the ground.



(view out the front door)



Cookie, dying to go play in the white stuff...



Please, Mommy???!!!

I went into work this morning and we saw a grand total of fifteen patients! I guess no one wanted to brave the slippery roads (I don't blame them. I basically had a panic attack in the car when we came home from New Years when every other car was in the ditch...)

So when I got home from work, I ate my leftover salad from Texas Roadhouse and curled up on the couch and took a nap caught up on some dvr. I then had a major craving for a hot drink cuz it's so darn cold. My go-to is Dunkin Donuts coffee with hazelnut creamer, but I was feeling adventurous. I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest for this copy cat version of Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha. And it did not disappoint!



Let me just sum it up and say it was DELICIOUS!! I followed the directions as written on the website except I made a lighter version by using 1% milk and no whipped topping.




This is the perfect warm-you-up drink. Part coffee, part hot chocolate. YUMMY!

Thinking about baking something today, but I've been so committed to a healthy diet and exercise this year so far, I just know baking up a batch of chocolate chip cookies would ruin me.




No comments:

Post a Comment