Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Post Holiday Season Update

So we spent Christmas with Matt's family up in northern Ohio. We left Friday after work and spent the whole weekend with the Fochts. We had a blast hanging out with all our little cousins, watching movies, playing games, and eating tons of good food.
Here is a picture of all the little ones.



We then drove back home to go back to work for a couple days, then took off for Illinois the following Friday to spend New Years with my family. Here is a picture of the sunset we saw from the car.



My sister and brother in law were able to drive to our house and car pool to Illinois with us, so that made the trip a bit more interesting. Imagine four people in a hatchback loaded down with luggage and presents, and a dog all crammed in a two door Hyundai Accent. Yeah! I'm still wondering how we fit everything in there...

We then made another trip down to Southern Illinois to spend New Years Eve with my mom's side of the family where we had a delicious turkey dinner prepared by my Aunt Judy. We played Dirty Santa with fun white elephant gifts and also played a gift card exchange game. It was great to see everyone again.



I am so glad we could spend each holiday with our families. I am so grateful to have loved ones that make an effort to still get together, even with all their kids and traveling long distances.



Cookie got a pretty awesome gift from his Aunt Krista and Uncle Dan.




What is it, Cookie??



Cruel. Very Cruel.

I also got some pretty sweet presents. These scarves, gloves, and slippers are from Matt. I'm kind of into leopard print these days, if you hadn't noticed.




Below are all gifts from my sweet coworkers. Do they think I like Dunkin Donuts coffee or what??




Also, be looking forward to some new recipes because I got the greatest gift ever from my parents.

A Kitchen Aid mixer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment