Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday afternoon blogging

Matt and I are pleasantly surprised with how much we like Huber Heights, Ohio. We have lived here for more than a year now and are not looking to move elsewhere unless Matt gets some crazy cool job offer somewhere else.

So what does this mean, ladies and gentleman???

You guessed it. We are looking for a house. Sort of.

Last Sunday, we randomly went to a few open houses around our neighborhood. We fell in love with one of them, so I e-mailed the realtor when we got home to see if the owners would be interested in renting it out. I promptly received a phone call from the realtor, pressuring me to think about buying a house because it is soo much more valuable than renting. She gave me a contact for a mortgage loan banker and I called her the next day. Then, we met with her to discuss what it would look like for us to get a loan. We are now going through the pre-certification process and will know by Wednesday what kind of loan we could be considered for if we apply. At that point, we will find a realtor and try to look at a couple other houses (although we already have our hearts set on this one)

Whew! Had no clue we would even be considering this, but I think we are ready. If we can't get a house, I decided for us that we will just have to use the down payment $ on a cruise instead! We'll see....so stay tuned for another update this week. If you would like to look at the pictures of our dream house, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment