Friday, May 17, 2013

27 Weeks





Baby is the size of a rutabaga!  Not sure what that is...but it sounds big.
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.
Weight Gain:  25 lbs

Symptoms:  Heartburn, acid reflux, lower back aches (especially getting out of bed) tired

Sleeping is hard sometimes.  I get hot, then I have to go to the bathroom, then I can't get comfortable again, then I wake up with acid reflux.  Then, it's time to get up for work.  So yeah I've been a little more tired lately.

Nursery Progress:  We transitioned the office into an office/guest room so we could start on the nursery.  Then, we picked out a paint color and  painted.  Or should I say Matt painted?  I helped with the first coat and tried to help with the second coat, but I got kicked out of the room for being too bossy.  Apparently that is not helpful?  Not sure, but Matt finished up and after it dried, we realized we are definitely going to have to buy another can of paint due to poor coverage.  It's disappointing that we couldn't get it completely done in one weekend, but oh well.  Note to self:  do not buy Lowe's Valspar high-def paint in any vibrant color such as lime green.  It does not cover as much as it claims...


 
Matt also put the changing table and side table together.

 
Purchases:  Bassinet, nursing bra, crib, mattress



Gifts:

 I got two cute outfits from my sis in the mail for my first Mother's Day.  So sweet of her to think of me as a Mom already!


Travel system from my parents!  So exciting!!

I think that's enough of an update for the week!
Basically, we are making good progress and I'm glad because I'm starting to slow down the bigger I get.

Thank you to Matt for working so hard this week at your job and for doing so much work on the nursery last weekend.  I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment