Friday, March 1, 2013

16 Weeks

Baby is the size of an avocado and has ears that can hear my voice now.

Belly:  As I sit here with my jeans unbuttoned, I realize my body is changing.  We attempted to find some maternity jeans last weekend but were unsuccessful.  We will be heading to the mall this weekend in search of some elastic-waisted pants so I feel more comfy!  Luckily, I wear scrubs most days and those are quite forgiving in the waist.  A friend of mine even let me borrow the scrubs she wore during her last pregnancy.  I definitely am starting to notice my belly rounding out and becoming more firm.  My scale at home still says I have gained 5 pounds.  I have also had some slight lower back pain which my doctor said is due to my hips widening.

Morning Sickness:  I still throw up on occasion.  I have a feeling this might last my entire pregnancy?  I hope not, but I feel fine most of the time.

Doctor:  I went to my new doctor's office this week and had quite a pleasant experience.  I saw a midwife for my first appointment.  This particular practice has about 6-8 midwives and two doctors.  As I progress through my pregnancy, I will probably see a different one each visit so that when it comes time to deliver, I have at least met everyone in case my doctor of choice is not available.  The midwife I saw was very helpful, nice, and truly caring.  She checked the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler and let me hold it to listen and see how fast it was beating.  (140) 

Next appointment:  March 28.  This is the BIG DAY!!! We will get to see the baby during the 20 week anatomy scan and also meet with the doctor for a check up.  I AM SO EXCITED!  We considered going to ENLC to get an early gender ultrasound, but in the end, I decided I could wait a few more weeks to find out.  The suspense is killing me and each day feels like a year, but I figure we will find out in a few weeks and we will have the rest of our lives to "know" the gender of our baby.

I think that's about all my news for the week.  I am looking forward to feeling the baby move.  It could happen any time now...




1 comment:

  1. So excited!! Love that she :-) ? ? can hear you & Matt talk to her!! You are such a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete