Friday, February 1, 2013

12 Weeks


Baby is the size of a plum!

  • Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
  • She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
  • She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move.
  • She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
  • Her brain is developing fast!

Twelve weeks pregnant today and I am finally feeling a lot better!  I don't want to jinx it, but I have not been feeling nauseous in the mornings as often, maybe two times this past week.  However, I won't say that the vomiting has vanished completely.  I decided to fill my prescription the doctor gave me called Zofran, which is supposed to suppress nausea.  I took one about a week ago, and I would almost rather throw up in the morning than deal with a bloated/gassy stomach the entire day (a side effect from the medicine.)  I think I would have benefited more from the Zofran weeks 6-10 when I was really feeling sick.  Now I know for next time.

As far as other things go, I had my first ob appointment on January 16th and I did not feel comfortable there.  Everything was very rushed and my doctor only talked to me for about a minute.  I honestly wouldn't even know if I was pregnant or not if I hadn't seen an ultrasound previously.  I am going to try a new doctor that I have heard good reports about and see how that goes about mid February.

Not much news to report lately.  I do feel like my stomach is beginning to stick out more than normal, but as you can see by the pictures, I wouldn't really think of it as a baby bump just yet.  Maybe in a few more weeks!

By the time I'm back from vacation, I will officially be entering into the second trimester!  This is exciting to me because it means the risky part of the pregnancy is mostly over, I will hopefully get more energy back, and the babe will be a third of the way cooked!  I'm getting excited to know the gender, but I don't think that's going to happen until March sometime.  I'm pulling for team pink!



No comments:

Post a Comment