Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Shack

I have never been a huge fan of reading books. It usually takes me a long time to get through a whole book, especially if the font is really small. Thus, I have never really enjoyed reading for entertainment. But ever since I got an iPad last year, I have gone through several books that I loved! I wish they had iPads back in the days of Accelerated Reading all those years in school...I feel like reading wouldn't have been such a chore. Who knew reading could be so much fun!?



Here is my review of my most recent read.

The Shack
William Paul Young




This is the story of a middle aged man (Mac) who is grieving over his daughter's kidnapping and death. He struggles to understand why God would allow such tragedy happen to an innocent young girl. One day, Mac finds a letter in the mailbox inviting him to "the shack" to meet with God for the weekend. He accepts and finds himself in the presence of the Holy Trinity for several days. The rest of the book is centered around the conversations Mac has with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He asks them his deepest, most intimate questions about sin, death, tragedy, renewal, forgiveness, etc. etc. I won't tell you how the story ends, but it was definitely a surprise to me.

Overall, I have to say this book was very enlightening. I know that it is fictional, but the way the author explains the concepts of the trinity is written in a very clear, understandable way. It made some great points, even things I had never thought of in my 20 years of being a believer. So if you're ready to dive into some of Christianity's toughest questions, pick up a copy of The Shack. I started reading it on Saturday night and was finished by Monday. You won't be disappointed. Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment