Sunday, March 11, 2012

Favorite Salads

Hello fabulous readers!

Today I want to discuss my top three favorite restaurant salads of all time. Are you ready for your mouth to water? Here we go.

3. Fazoli's Country Caesar



I couldn't find a good picture of it, so you'll just have to go there yourself and try it out. This salad is loaded with breaded chicken that is so soft and tender and coated with a bit of crispy breading. Lettuce is fresh and chopped into small pieces. Croutons are extra crunchy. Top it off with a citrus vinaigrette and this salad is the best on the menu.


2. Chilli's Chicken Quesadilla Explosion Salad



This salad is insane. Pros: Everything they put on it is delicious and to top it off, they give you four triangle cheese quesadillas on the side. Cons: The calorie count is extremely high, but I dare you not to eat the whole thing. It will be a challenge. You just can't stop eating it! Last time I got it, I ate (almost) the whole plate and 2 out of the 4 quesadillas. Luckily, I have a garbage disposal for a husband.


1. Texas Roadhouse Grilled Chicken Salad



And..my all time favorite. The chicken in this salad is so fresh tasting and the texture is that melt-in-your-mouth kind of juiciness. Their made from scratch Ranch dressing is to die for. So thick and creamy-good. The shredded cheese has a great flavor. The crispy bacon bits, the crunchy croutons, and the fresh tomato. YUM!!! OK BYE...I'm going there now.

There you have it! My favorite salads. Try them out next time you're out at one of these tasty restaurants. I have to say we are frequent visitors of the Texas Roadhouse here in our city. They have finally stopped asking, "have you ever been to a Texas Roadhouse before". Why yes, yes we have.

DISCLAIMER: Not all salads are healthy choices. Even these three probably aren't the healthiest choices on the menu, but that's what makes them delicious. Cheese, croutons, and Ranch can really add up in the calorie category. Try to opt for salads loaded with juicy veggies so you don't have to pour on the dressing.



1 comment: