Saturday, March 24, 2012

Abuelos and Hunger Games

Last night was the perfect end to the week.

We went to Abuelo's for a yummy Mexican dinner followed by going to see The Hunger Games.







We always have fun, but for some reason last night felt like we were on vacation. And considering our next vacay isn't until the end of May, I'll take a little weekend fun to tide me over til then.

My review:

Abuelos: a bit fancier than our typical Mexican restaurant just down the street. They had a very good selection on the menu. I had delicious chicken quesadilla but it was great with a side of guacamole and their "papas" specialty, which is like a cheesy mashed potatoes. Matt had meat. Lots of stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon sort of meal. He goes all out.

Hunger Games: amazing! I read the book and I was pleasantly surprised that the movie was true to the book. Yes, they left out parts of the book, but that did not make the movie less enjoyable. The costumes were amazing and the gruesome battle scenes were not too scarring. Matt did not read the book, and he also enjoyed the movie, not knowing much more than the parts I'd told him about the book. He kept asking "was that in the book?" I can't wait to see if they come out with a part two and three.

Now, I'm off to watch the men's basketball team of Ohio State cream those little boys from Syracuse! Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment