Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes

Good Saturday morning to you!

Last night, all I could think about was food but since it was 11:00 pm and I was already in bed, I decided to refrain from snacking and instead planned my Saturday morning menu. Today's post is all about the oatmeal pancakes. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Click the link to see more appetizing pictures other people have taken of this delicious recipe. Here is my version with my variations in red.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Eliminate
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspon salt
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk 1% Lowfat Milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions

  1. Place flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla, oil and egg in a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, combine everything else . Then poor milky mixture over dry ingredients and whisk together. (I don't have a food processor)

  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.

  3. Pour or scoop the batter on to the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

    Yum!! These are so thick and hearty! I love the texture of the oats, making the pancakes a little heavier than instant pancakes from the box. My alterations turned out great, but next time I will definitely add some cinnamon or nutmeg to give them a little more flavor. Combine these babies with some maple syrup and a cup of joe and you've got a fabulous start to the weekend. Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment