Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blogging and Running Shoes

So lately instead of updating my own blog, I've become quite addicted to reading blogs of complete strangers. I think I could really get into being a blogger, but I'm not sure if I'm consistent enough to start leaving tons of comments and figuring out something to write about almost every day. Still considering the pros and cons....

Did you notice how incredibly wonderful the weather was today? Matt and I went for a little jog around the neighborhood for the first time in a few weeks. (We ran that one other time it got above 50...even though we were stumbling over sticks all over the sidewalk and it was still pretty chilly but hey, there was no snow to hinder us) The path we take totals about two miles and we did it without stopping (more than once) today. But....it was HARD! Holy crap, I thought I was in shape. I have been running on the elliptical 4-5 times a week since January 1. I thought running outside would be a breeze. I guess I have some practice ahead of me if I ever want to run more than two miles without getting a side stitch.

I might be in the market for a new pair of running shoes soon. Mine have zero tread left in them and are starting to get uncomfortable. My sister's boyfriend was sporting a sweet pair of these Vibram Five Fingers a few weeks ago....




I just couldn't stop staring at them. What a strange yet unique look. They are meant to give the feeling of running barefoot. A snug fit, but probably doesn't offer much support.

I might have to go for more of a professional marathon shoe like these Asics.



My dad has been an avid runner since forever and he usually always has two or three pairs of Asics in his rotation. (of course when they are no longer racing quality, they are downgraded to mowing shoes, walking shoes, or landscaping shoes. I swear he has more pairs of shoes than me...

Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends. Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment