Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice, Sleet, and Snow, oh my!



Walking around on an inch of ice is pretty fun. If you have ice skates on, like the kid I saw on the news tonight. But for the rest of us, it's not the most pleasurable experience. I am a horrible passenger in the car when it comes to this wonderful wintry mix, making it one of the only times I am grateful I am not a driver. We are expected to get sleet for the rest of the evening, then get hit with a couple inches of snow after that. Then, we get a few days of bitter cold and wind to top it all off. Can anyone say SPRING CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH???



Wintry weather also means few patients come into the office. I think I counted a total of 26? patients today, which is way below our norm at ABC. A slow day is nice once in a while to get caught up on projects but I have to say that I am looking forward to the busy summer months.

On a different note, not at all related, I can't stop myself from looking at dogs on Craigslist. I know we only need one dog at this point, but I just keep thinking how fun it would be to have a playmate for Cookie. I mean look at this cutie!



I think my next post will be a dedication to Cookie. And I can promise you there will be some ridiculous pictures of mischief he has caused.

2 comments:

  1. Burrr!! Looks chilly! But beautiful ice! We send out winter weather advisories to the hospital team today...after a moment of slight confusion (what?! winter weather in Louisiana!?) I reflected on all the bridges around this water-filled land and learned how many are closed in the very cold weather (aka 32 with a 23 degree windchill)...this creates challenges for the large number of employees who cross bridges to come to work. Anyway, just sharing my little piece of winter weather from way down south...but don't think that didn't stop us from visiting the outdoor food trucks this evening, hooray!!
    PS - my puppy needs a friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Your parents were playing with my parents this evening! Fun!

    ReplyDelete