Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!



Ahh...Valentine's Day. The day of love! One of my favorite days of the year. Growing up, my parents always got us candy and other little treats to enjoy. In high school, you could buy a carnation for your "valentine" and they would be delivered with a note during the last hour of the school day. It was always fun to get carnations, but it was even more fun to buy one for someone you knew would probably not receive any.

Basically right after high school, I met and fell in love with my hubby and he has made every Valentine's day special. Roses are always a must! One year, I woke up to find a surprise bouquet of yellow roses right outside my door. Another year, he gave me a (less) beautiful bouquet...but I found out later that he had been out purchasing my engagement ring to give to me in the near future, so that made up for it.

And this year...he hand delivered a dozen roses to work along with a "part 1" letter with half of the top ten things he loves about me. Part two was laying on the table when I got home...along with another dozen roses!!

So yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of Valentine's Day. I guess you could say that I'm in love with love. A real sucker for romance. On that note, it's time to watch The Bachelor. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment