Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wicked!

Wicked: the untold story of the witches of oz.  The musical that EVERYONE has seen already...but last night I finally got to see it on the stage for the first time.  I was definitely not disappointed.  The acting, dancing, and singing were all phenomenal.  



I got off work at about 4:30 so I had a little time to get ready before we left for the night.




Matt and I met up with our besties Jon and Holly for the night of fun.  We first went to Dewey's, which is a cool little pizza and calzone restaurant in the University of Dayton area of downtown Dayton. 






 After our bellies were full of calzones, we headed to the Schuster Center just a couple blocks away.  


 via


We picked up our tickets and headed inside.
I was pretty excited!




The Schuster Center is a nice theater.  Here is a view from our seats looking up.




Let me just throw it out there...we splurged for amazing seats.  We were in the third row and to the right of center stage.  We were this close...




That was the screen before it started.  I think I am now officially hooked on close seats because the view was just awesome.  The actors were so close to us, I could actually see what was going on without asking someone what was happening or using a monocular.  Loved it.




Matt, checking out the stage




Jon and Holly, their second time seeing the show - once in Chicago, and now in Dayton




Just waiting for the show to start. I wish I could have taken pictures during the show, but that was frowned upon...so I just grabbed some online to give you an idea of what we were seeing.




 via


 via


If you ever get the chance to see this show, I highly recommend it.  It was so fun and always keeps you laughing.  I can't wait to see it again someday.

 

2 comments:

  1. I saw Wicked a couple years ago and I loved it!!!! You look so cute Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me completely jealous... I love Wicked. However, I have seen it twice, and it gets better and better each time. I always enjoy seeing each casts different view of the show/charaters.
    AND Dewey's Pizza?! Now I'm REAL jealous! What a fun night!
    Also... Loved the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete