Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What's In The Box?

What's hidden inside this rectangular box of heaven?



Read on to find out...

I love to bake. I often spend several hours just searching through recipes on Allrecipes.com in search of the perfect dessert. I will only pick something with lots of positive reviews unless I'm feeling adventurous. I have just found that when I pick a recipe that hasn't been reviewed much and doesn't have many stars...well there's a reason for that. It's probably not a winner unless you make lots of alterations.

Last night I wanted to use up the half a block of cream cheese that I had left over from another recipe and I wanted something chocolatey. I combined this recipe and this recipe to make the perfect "Faux-reo" or more commonly known as Whoopie Pies. Or Gobs if you live in the Northeast.




They turned out DELISH!!!! This is a dangerous recipe because there is absolutely nothing "healthy" about it. Butter, sugar, chocolate.





I am happy with how they turned out. I would give the cookies 5 stars and the filling 4 stars as it was a bit too buttery tasting and I would prefer a lighter, fluffier filling in these. I also did not bake the first batch long enough so they are a bit gooey in the middle. But that is fine by me!




The worst part about baking: the sink full of dishes that awaits you after you're done.

If anyone has a delicious healthy dessert recipe that I should try, please leave a comment. I might feature it here on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment