Friday, October 1, 2010

Homeowner

I can officially say it now. I am a homeowner!!

We are so excited to finally have sealed the deal on our new house. It really came close to not happening on September 30 like our original contract said, but after a lot of paper-pushing, our loan officer made it happen.

Now we only have to wait 29 more days to move into the place. That means 4 weekends of packing and de-junking the current place. Some people have a harder time getting rid of 20 years of childhood memories (and by some people, I mean Matt). We went through several boxes of old cards, gadgets, odds, and ends a week or two ago and I managed to throw away several bags of useful items. Among the most imporant items included a bag of 10 year old jawbreakers mixed in with some dead batteries. I even found an old sock with a bar of soap tucked inside. Nice.

Now that we have a move in date, we made our rental company very aware that we would be leaving in 30 days. They are sad to see us go as the lady assisting us at the rental office kept commenting on how awesome my platinum hair was. Just call me Lady Gaga. Everyone else does.

Hope you are all off to the start of a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Amy!!!! that is so exciting! Is it in the Huber Heights area?

    ReplyDelete