Saturday, October 16, 2010

How's it going?

Has it really been two weeks since my last post? Are you even still reading this blog?? What a slacker I've been. I guess it's just because there hasn't been a lot going on nor have I been inspired to write about anything special.

We got a lot of packing done today. I still have the whole kitchen to take care of though, which I'm kind of avoiding. I don't know how we accumulated so much stuff in just a year of being in this house.

The good news is....we get to move in a week early. We will get our keys a week from tomorrow. Seems like forever ago when we first saw our new house and now, we're about ready to move into it. We have quite a list of things to do the next two weeks before our rent is up. We have to schedule an inspection for our rental townhouse when it's completely empty. We also have to rent a carpet shampooer and do the floors. So in a span of only 24 hours, we will probably be cleaning the floors in both houses.

Today we went on a trip to Lowe's to look at washers, dryers, mirrors, paint, spackle, and storage bins. I want a smokey purple master bedroom but Matt thinks the hue I like looks like make-up. Not sure why, but ok. Might have to go with a nice blue-ish/green. The only other part of the house I want to repaint for sure is the entryway. Other than that, all the other rooms are colors we like.

So tomorrow, I'm sure we will be packing up more boxes, going through all the piles of junk to either donate or sell, fill in all the nail holes, and look at more paint colors. Getting there....a little at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new house! Good luck with the moving process! We are going through the moving process as well!

    ReplyDelete