Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Today, I truly felt like a European.

September 1st marked the beginning of our medical benefits through Matt's job at ENLC. Today, I went to the doctor to exercise my right to use my Anthem card at my yearly physical. Now when I say yearly, I really mean this is my first exam in 4-5 years. Which also means I truly became a woman today if you know what I'm sayin.

Anyway...the European part is the fact that I walked in and out of a medical office without paying a dime! I love $0 copays. Now I'm not even going to start on a rant about universal health care, but I'll just say that I am all for going to the doctor when it's free. With our plan, I wouldn't even hesitate to make an appointment if I had a medical concern. I think a lot of people just skip going to the doctor all together because they just don't wanna pay for it, which can lead to more serious medical problems if you let it go undiagnosed. So America....I am just putting it out there. Wouldn't you like to go to the doctor for free? Even if it means more paying a little bit more taxes?

All in all, I liked my new doctor. Her name is Dr. Patricia Grice and she works at Family Medicine of Huber Heights. She was a very pleasant lady. The office was very clean and new looking. The front desk was a small staff, but they were friendly enough. Wait time was only 5 minutes which was excellent. The only part I didn't like was what the scale read when I stepped up. But that won't stop me from going back next year for my yearly checkup. :-) I'll give this experience an A.

1 comment:

  1. Amalia - How can I not respond to a healthcare post?
    a-very glad you have health insurance & access to healthcare
    b-5 min wait time, amazing!
    c-Yes, I like to go the the doctor for free but it is not actually free if you have to pay higher taxes.
    d-Yes, going to the doctor before a medical problem progress is best for the patient.
    e-If everyone goes to the doctor whenever they have a small medical concern your wait time will increase 5min-10min-30min-1hr-3hrs-3months
    ...and I could continue on this subject, both sides of the issue.
    Besos! - Katie
    PS - I get paid to go to the doctor's office every day ;-) ...& so do you!

    ReplyDelete