Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Friends Around The World

I have always had a passion for international travel and cultures.  I have been blessed to be able to travel so much already in my first 25 years of life, and I have made some amazing friends along the way.  Today I wanted to share with you a couple of blogs that you might enjoy as much as I do.

First of all, here is a picture of my bridesmaids.  These ladies were who I considered my closest friends three years ago and I still keep in touch with most of them today.


Amanda #1- Phoenix, AZ
Amanda #2 - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Anna - Beijing, China
Me - Dayton, OH
Krista - Okinawa, Japan
Ashely - Cleveland, OH
Izi - San Diego, CA

Can I just brag for a minute?  I have some pretty amazing friends that live all around the world.  It makes catching up difficult sometimes with a 12-13 hour time difference for some of them, but I love hearing all the stories they have to share.  

Amanda #2 has found the love of her life in Cambodia and recently started a blog called 1001 Steps to a Cambodian-American Wedding.  You should definitely check it out.  She is a very gifted writer, and the stories she tells are freaking hilarious.

Krista is now stationed in Okinawa, Japan at the Kadena Airforce Base with her husband, Officer Dan.  They have been there for a little over a month now and are getting settled into their new apartment.  Check out her blog, Journey to Japan, where she writes about her adventures around the island. (and shares pictures of their new kitties!)

I would love it if Anna had a blog to share her crazy stories about China and all her trips around Asia on 20 hour bus rides filled with Kareoke singing.  Or being so famous (for being white) that people hand their babies to her for a photo opportunity.  

Do you have any friends that are living overseas?  I would love to follow along if they have a blog, so please share in the comments below.  

On that note, Happy Independence Day, America!  Although I would love to be traveling around the world,  I am also quite proud to be living in this country called the USA.






No comments:

Post a Comment